ARCEx is hiring a postdoctoral research fellow in geological risk analysis. The position is located at the University of Stavanger, and will work in collaboration with Adj. Prof. Roger Flage.
- Organisation: Department of Safety, Economics and Planning, University of Stavanger (UiS)
- Location: Stavanger, Norway
- Duration: 2 years temporary position
- Application deadline: 19 September 2019
About the position:
The overall objective of the project is to develop a framework for geological risk analysis of shallow reservoirs and apply it to Barents Sea shallow reservoirs in such a way that it contributes to a holistic view of shallow reservoirs. A short project sketch is available upon request.
The postdoctoral fellow will work in a closely-knit collaborative team spanning all work packages within Research Centre for Arctic Petroleum Exploration (ARCEx), including geology, eco-safe exploration methods and environmental risk assessment. The postdoctoral fellow’s main affiliation will be to work package 3, environmental risk assessment.
- PhD with a specialisation in in risk analysis and/or geology is preferred, but applicants specialising in related areas will also be considered. The PhD must be completed no later than at date of employment.
- good command of both oral and written English